You could substitute ground chicken in this recipe also.
1) Drain and rinse the cans of beans in a mesh strainer. Set aside.
2) Medium dice the large onion.
3) Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or heavy bottom soup pot. Add the ground turkey breaking up into small bits with wooden spoon. Once broken up, allow the meat to sit without stirring so it will brown, stir as the bottom of meat is browned so the rest of the meat will also brown.
4) Add the onion and cook till translucent.
5) Add minced garlic, chili powder, smoked paprika, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir well so herbs and spices reactivate their flavor.
6) Add in all the rinsed and drained beans, soy sauce and water, stir well to mix al the ingredients.
7) Simmer on low for 45-50 minutes. Stir occasionally.
8) Taste, adjust salt to taste. Add hot sauce (or not) to taste.
9) Serve and enjoy!