Here’s how I save time in the morning. If I’m already pulling out all the ingredients, measuring spoons and cups I also pull out a 2nd bowl or more and here’s why:
- You can make at least 1 extra dry mix and store individual recipe portions in air tight containers.
- Please remember to label them as muffin mix so there’s no confusion later.
- Label the container with the liquids you need to add and baking times also.
- This is like making your own box mix muffins without the chemicals and with out over paying!
- Do this the night before, days ahead or even weeks ahead.
- This is also a nice gift mix to bring with you too (dress up the packing and attach instructions for finishing and baking)
I often use those quart size deli containers since I have so many I’ve saved with Chinese takeout over the years. Love those containers for portioning and storing soup stocks, marina and other sauces also.
These muffins are perfect on their own or slathered in butter and a bit of jam. For variety why not add 1/2 cup of dried cranberries, dried blueberries, or even some thawed and drained frozen corn for texture and flavor. I’ve also occasionally added some chopped jalapeno peppers (be careful of the amount use less than 1/2 cup), some cheddar cheese or even crumbled bacon. Yum!! Experiment!!
You’ll enjoy the lingering heavenly aromas to start your day from the kitchen. These are also good later in the day with a side of a nice home made chili too. Additionally, you can always freeze some too.
Treat yourself well, your body with thank you for it!
|Just out of the oven and waiting for you!|
Busy Morning Corn Muffins
Evenly fill the muffin tins.Using a scoop* helps with aim into the cup part or even a dry measure ½ cup size would be beneficial so they are all the same size which makes for nicer presentation and more even baking.Note: I find it easier to wipe batter that didn’t make it into the cups before baking is easier than scrubbing it off later.
|Evenly fill muffin cups|
Pop the tin into the oven and as soon as you close the door LOWER the oven temperature to 400º bake 18-20 minutes.This super hot then lower method will allow the muffins get that nice domed look.
You’ll smell their beautiful fragrance as they are approaching done.When muffins are done, take muffins out of tin and cool down to just warm before eating.